ABB to use recycled copper from Boliden in facilities

(CIANEWS) - ABB will use low carbon footprint copper in its electromagnetic mixing systems (EMS) and electric motors through a collaboration with Swedish mining and metallurgical company Boliden. In addition to the use of recycled copper, ABB is committed to increasing the use of recycled electrical steel and aluminium. The partnership is also another step the company is taking in its efforts to achieve full circularity. For the same reason, the company has previously designed its motors to be up to 98% recyclable, with the remaining 2% of materials able to be incinerated and the resulting heat further recovered.



Register newsletter

Get to know about Nordic Chamber, our press releases and all news, straight to your inbox.